May 16, 2010
David and I cut the rest of my hair off together! We cut another 8 inches off. My total in less then three weeks is 24 inches. Two feet of my long hair gone! This half is being recycled. After a small inspection we think it is between 2-3 inches long. I look like a mother, older and ready to cook up a storm!
The pile of trash in front of my house LIBERATING
The 27 inches of less hair on my head LIBERATING
The 250 friends that no longer exists on my Facebook account LIBERATIN
The 27 inches of less hair on my head LIBERATING

The 250 friends that no longer exists on my Facebook account LIBERATIN
My four trips to the recycling center this week LIBERATING
The accompanying four trips to the donation drop off center LIBERATING
Why I feel like I need to liberated my life:
In December I had heart surgery followed my open heart surgery on Jan 4Th of 2010. I found my self with a lot of time to think during the 45 day recovery.
I decided that my talk show was not going the places I want it to go. I found that all the "newer" coupon guru's annoy me to death. I do not enjoy seeing and hearing all the new folks toot their own horns. I feel like one good trip to the grocery store does not make you an expert at what you do. Sometime if feels like and insult to the ones who have been around forever. I have wondered a ton if what I do actually helps people.....You know I am about all around frugality. Maybe I should have been the Frugal Queen. This frugal life of mine is not about just having good trips to the grocery store. It is way deeper than that. I have written at least two other articles about it. You can read them here and here.
The accompanying four trips to the donation drop off center LIBERATING
Why I feel like I need to liberated my life:
In December I had heart surgery followed my open heart surgery on Jan 4Th of 2010. I found my self with a lot of time to think during the 45 day recovery.
I decided that my talk show was not going the places I want it to go. I found that all the "newer" coupon guru's annoy me to death. I do not enjoy seeing and hearing all the new folks toot their own horns. I feel like one good trip to the grocery store does not make you an expert at what you do. Sometime if feels like and insult to the ones who have been around forever. I have wondered a ton if what I do actually helps people.....You know I am about all around frugality. Maybe I should have been the Frugal Queen. This frugal life of mine is not about just having good trips to the grocery store. It is way deeper than that. I have written at least two other articles about it. You can read them here and here.
I also love , love , love to cook. can, and all around any type of preserving food. I enjoy gardening, foraging, gleaning, dehydrating and storing foods. I am all about frugality and not just coupons. I sometimes feel like my priorities are out of order. I have found that I need to change some things.
My Facebook wall would feel up in 2 hours with over a thousand things. I could never find what I cared about. I needed to simplify my time on Facebook.
My hair was a disaster from surgery and medication. I needed to simplify my stress with it.
I am not enjoying the house I live in. So I am getting rid of crap. Just because their is a place to keep it, does not mean I need to. Also we are most likely moving this summer. I have been donating tons of stuff and throwing out the trash. I cannot believe some of the things I was holding onto. I sat down with each of my four children and helped them go through things one item at a time and decide what to get rid of.
One thing I cannot change is family. Sometimes it is ok and sometimes family is complicated. I have no idea how to fix any of it. I love them all but, sometime I do not like the things they do.
Thanks for listening (reading) I would love input. By doing these things I should be SAVING myself time.
Just liberating myself~Melissa
We have a lot going on around our house. Kids off to camps, we are moving, and buying an old farm style house. So here is our life in bullets.
- Boy scouts..... Andrew will be gone for the next two weeks at two scout camps. He will be home for a whopping 18 hours and he turns around and is leaving for high adventure camp with the older boy scout troop. They are off to Florida coast line. The oil spill is less than 5 miles off the coast. It may change camping on the beach and they most likely will not be going out to sea to go fishing.
- Holliauna is leaving for a week next Sunday to Camp Spike N Wave. A camp for seizure disorders. She has Focal Parietal Complex Seizure Disorder. She needs lots of letters. As part of the make them feel not loved or disabled part of camp. We send letters. It is really fun and Holliauna loves it. Feel free to send her letters, postcards, puzzles, books, car packages and activities. No food is allowed and it will be confiscated. She will be there from Sunday June 13Th - Saturday June 19Th. Please write her, she needs the support.
Camp For All
Holliauna Pearson- Camp SNW
6301 Rehburg Road
Burton, Texas 77835
- We are buying an old (40) year old home. And, with that come issues. We are looking forward to settling in hopefully for the long haul. It is on over 1/2 an acre so we will have a little wiggle room
- I tell you life is moving. David starts medical school this August. I will be a married single mom to four kids.
I am looking forward to settling in to a house where I can feel like running my food dehydrator all the time while having cheese hanging over the sink. I am really looking forward to a large garden again..... our little container garden is jut not cutting it. I am still awaiting the arrival of my potatoes . The tops have died off , but when I checked them they were tiny little marble sized potatoes. So, I am letting them sit a little longer before I dump them out.
Just an update~Melissa
Yep, lots going on out there! Good luck being the single mom while David is in school. Kylee and I started a box garden and then moved to a bigger apartment that fortunately has garden plots available for interested people. It isn't much, but 20 feet by 10 feet is a lot bigger than 4 by 4. We LOVE fresh produce! I will try to send Holliauna something in the mail. I can't remember for sure if I actually sent her something the last time she went, so I will make sure this time.
ReplyDeletePOWER of 20x10 FEET that is HUGE!!! You could have an awesome garden in that. Even grow enough produce to can some for winter!!! That is way cool. Most apartment dwellers would die for that opportunity. Good luck and thanks for the comments. I read your blog just so you know!!!
ReplyDelete