Friday, June 11, 2010

Pineapple ...Pickled Pineapple

Pickled Pineapple....Sounds crazy right? No way! It is so incredible!
Given the smell and taste, I plan on making this every time I can get my hands on a ton of pineapple.
 
Pickled Pineapple
2 medium pineapple
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup water
1/3 cups vinegar
10 whole cloves
1 stick cinnamon

Cut pineapple in 1/4 inches crosswise slices, peel and remove eyes. Cut slices into quarters and remove cores if they are hard. Get your canning bath hot and ready to go while you get this recipe ready!
Combine sugar, water, vinegar, cloves and cinnamon in a pot and bring to a boil. Add cut pineapple and simmer for 30 minutes.
Pack fruit into hot jar, clean rim of jar, add lid & ring and process for 20 minutes once hot water comes to a roiling boil. Make sure water is covering the lids of jars.
Doesn't this little clove look pretty?
This smells amazing! Kind of like hot wassail is brewing at Christmastime.
Just pickeling~Melissa

5 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy. I don't often get a hold of a pineapple but if I do I will try this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Now I need to look for pineapple in season. This looks so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yumm! Thanks for letting me know about your recipe...I am going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We luv Pineapple and out here in CA, we have it readily available. Thanks for the recipe!

    I'm now a Happy Follower via MBC :)

    ~ Jill
    http://frugalplus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melodie, I saw your pinabble pics . It really is sooooo yummy. I feel like it is canning in a hot wassel.....haha

    Melissa
    www.kidsandcanningjars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete