Monday, October 10, 2011

My kiefer grains died!

Bummer. I need some new grains. Anyone out there willing to share?

They just did not handle the switch from raw milk to pasteurized milk.. They did fine with the first two batches. Batch 3 and 4 not good. I know they are sensitive to milk changes. Laura used raw milk. I was using organic store bought milk....bummer
Live and learn.
Just wishing~Melissa

6 comments:

  1. If I had some I would sure share but I haven't made kiefer in over a year.I hope you find some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also share, but I don't have any, I don't live very close to you, and I don't know what that is. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Melissa.....If I lived in the same Country....or closer, I would give you some...but they might die of starvation by the time they got to you.....Hope you find some soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry! I hope you can replace them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same problem! Wonder why this happened..if you find out, please let us know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simpplu Scaife Family- My kiefer died making a switch from raw milk to pasterized milk. They are sensitive and I thought they could make it through..... I am sure we could google search many other possibilites as to why the die. Sorry about yours. We are back to makeing homemade yougurt. I miss the kiefer though. Let me know if you find some free ones. Melissa

    ReplyDelete