Sunday, October 30, 2011

Homemade Caramel Corn = YUMMY

Can I just say how much I love caramel!!!!!

I must say I usually do a peanut butter caramel but, this is so dang yummy on popcorn. Does popcorn with caramel not just scream Halloween? We made two trays of this before dinner and let me also just say dinner was delayed do to the fact we were not very hungry anymore.....

Homemade Carmel for popcorn. Or really whatever you want.

2 1/2 cups brown sugar1/2 cup butter1 cup corn syrup1 can sweet and condensed milk

Stir brown sugar and corn syrup together in a pan and bring to a boil. Once boiling add the butter and condensed milk. Cook to a soft ball stage. Never stop stirring the caramel. It will burn to the bottom of a pan super easily.
 
Now I popped my popcorn in a whilry pop and spread out onto two cookie trays. Cook up 1 cup on un-popped popcorn however you like to. Then, pour the caramel over the top and stir carefully with a large spoon. Let cool on tray and eat away..... I am ready to make a batch of just the caramel.
Wrapped Caramels
 
If you want to make caramel for eating or rolling in wax paper, just cook it a little longer and pour into a pan to cool. Cut, wrap and store!

FYI- All this can be made from food in storage. Food Storage Recipe!

Just finger licking ~Melissa

1 comment: