Friday, January 13, 2012

Some Fun New Kitchen Gagets, and New Years Tradition.

I just LOVE what I do to save our family money. I am a major clearance shopper. Now, I get that I spent money to pick up these two gems but, they have already earned there keep in our home.
Introducing our Cotton Candy Machine and ......a Chocolate Fountain!
This cotton candy maker is super cool! Not only can you melt sugars. But, you can use any hard candy to melt down and spin out. This picture below is green apple jolly rancher candy. Can you see the fine strands of sugar? We have tried all sorts of strange combinations. Using up pieces of candy canes, jolly ranchers, life savers and even sugar free hard candy. I have to add that it really is a low calorie treat. Think about it like this. How many calories are in a jolly rancher?
What a blast! The teens especially love this treat.
Chocolate fountain! It so happened to be on clearance for 75% off!!!! I grabbed it up for under 12bucks! Corresponding with a clearance on melting chocolates at Walmart, life was pretty good.
At our house we celebrate the New Years on New Years Day. No late night craziness here. Anyway, I saved these gems for our day's celebrations. Knowing we would be eating a ton of junk foods. I did all sorts of fruits and cheese.. Yes cheese and chocolate go really well together. Our favorite with chocolate is french bread. Try it you will like it!
Just sharing~ Melissa

10 comments:

  1. OMG!! Those look like so much fun! I wish I could come over to your place to play...he he! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love how you experiment with different candies instead of the sugar...Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! found your blog thru Patrice's blog and saw this post. Got a question for you. Did you do anything to the hard candies first? or just drop the chunk in there? Thanks for taking the time to respond!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. I think I remember hearing that cotton candy machines can make a big mess. Is this true? Also, dipping almost anything in chocolate is a good idea. Makes me want a chocolate fountain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, I use my cast iron on my flat top surface, also on the grill. I've never had a problem, the pan is heavy so it stays flat on the burner, and cooks faster than my regular frying pans. You just have to be careful with moving it/sitting it down because it is so heavy ~ just use care. They work great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I want my own flavored cotton candy! LOL, so do you just drop a hard candy into a slot on the machine?

    My fav bread for dipping(sopping) chocolate sauce is buttermilk biscuits, close second is croissants ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always thought those chocolate fountains looked really neat. Anything chocolate! And the cotton candy maker is so cool! Of course, it reminds me of the time when I was 6 years old, went to the carnival, rode on a bunch of rides, and got sick on the cotton candy I ate on the ride home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the comments!!!
    Pam- I say come on over or get one! It is so worth it!
    Nellymary- It is so much fun. Frugal too. I get to use up some left over candy canes, and other candies I get using coupons.
    Heidi Lisa- Nope! You litterally just put the candy in and it melts it, and spins it out... Welcome to my blog. Which Patrice? Thanks for the comment.
    John-It does make a mess. But, it cotton candy at home not worth it?
    Donna- Thanks for bouncing back to me. Thanks for the info on the glass top!
    Shreela- Yes you just drop it in! I love the ideas for bread!
    Leigh- The chocolate fountain is so much fun! I have all sorts of ideas for it. You can also do cheese in it! Good to be in touch with you again.

    Who knew that this would cause so many comments. I love it! Thanks ya'll
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool! thanks for the heads up. Patrice from the Rural Revolution.

    ReplyDelete